Hello lovely believeninspire readers! Today I’m sharing another fun throw pillow idea to spread the essence of love which can easily be used as one of the couch pillows. It requires simple embroidery and sewing which makes it suitable for all ages. This project will not take much time either, you can probably finish it with few episodes of your favorite series. I was watching a Turkish one while doing mine. XD
Plus the pattern is totally free for download. Although, you would have to sign up at the craftsy site to get the download link. But don’t worry everythings totally free and Craftsy is one cool site to be a part of. I promise.
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS.
So, do you want to learn how to make this super easy throw pillow?
Lets get started then.
How to make Felt Cartoon Heart Pillow (Couch Pillows)
- 1 yard white cotton fabric
- Pink yarn
- Red felt
- Red colored thread
- Black color embroidery thread
- Embroidery hoop
- (AD) Free Pattern
- Cut out 2 15″ squares from the fabric.
- Print out the pattern and turn it so that you are on the back side.
- Retrace the pattern on the back-side using 8B pencil.
4. Place the pattern onto your fabric with back side facing the fabric.
5. Trace onto the pattern using a pencil.
6. Remove the pattern and start the embroidery.
I specifically used back-stitch embroidery technique. You can learn it in a minute through the video below. It’s a pretty basic stitch and should not be very difficult.
7. Next cut out the hearts from the felt and pin them onto the fabric.
8. Using your pink yarn and the embroidery needle and back stitch technique finish both the hearts.
9. Lastly, for a finish look make the border using your sewing machine. And, you are done with the front design of your pillow.
10. The last step is to put the front and back side together and sew it.
So, how did you find the tutorial? Easy and fun? Or boring and difficult? Let us know in the comment below.
Few days after I posted my Felt Heart Cartoon pillow I got this sweet comment from an awesome reader saying that she loved the tutorial and would try it. And, few days later she actually emailed me with the pictures of her finished work! Oh! what a happy day! I was overjoyed and her sweet words will always be my encouragement if I ever feel down in the blogging life. Thanks so much for the love awesome reader! xo
Just wanted to share my happiness with you guys. Thank you for all the support and keeping up with me. *hugggssssssssssssss*
Dear lovely readers, please do not replicate the design for commercial buying and selling. The tutorial and the design is for personal use only. We love you for co-operating with us. XOXO
Linking up to these blogs:
Not just a housewife, Savvy Southern Style, Funky Junk Interiors, French Country Cottage, Six Sister’s Stuff, Sew Much Ado, DIY Show Off, I heart Naptime, Craft berry Bush, Coastal Charm, DIY by Design, Too Much Time , The Charm of Home, Flamingo toes, Flour Me With Love, Someday Crafts, Alder-berry Hill. What’s Cooking Love, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Raising Reagen, Create Craft Love, Mom On Timeout, My Romantic Home, Sugar Bee Crafts, Time to Sparkle @ The Gunny Sack, Home Stories A to Z, By Stephanie Lyn, The Girl Creative, Kathe With an E, The 36th Avenue, It’s Overflowing, Lil’ Luna, Love Bakes Good Cakes, http://freshideastudio.com, DIY Home Sweet Home, Ginger Snap Crafts, Oombawka Design, Titi Crafty by Camila, Livin Better Together, Life After Laundry, Common Ground-Do.com
This post first appeared on Believe&Inspire.
Don’t forget to sign up for our twice a month newsletter for FREE printable!